This Memorial Day, Midwest VA Loans would like to take the time to express our gratitude to those have have served for our country. We proudly serve active military and veterans to help them in buying a home for their family. Today especially we salute those who have served and sacrificed.
For military families, we look forward to getting you started with buying your first home. Our experience will work for you in taking the right steps. First, we think it’s important for you and your family to work with someone local. When you work with a local lender, you can build a personal relationship and do not become simply a file number. At Midwest VA Loans, we take pride in always keeping our client’s best interest in mind.
If you’re undecided on buying a home, consider the following benefits:
1. You are building towards an asset. By eliminating rent, your money is being put towards owning likely your biggest asset.
2. Current rates make it a great time to buy a home.
3. The housing market has a lot to offer right now and you’ll be able to find the right home for you.
4. Your mortgage interest can be written off when you pay your federal income tax.
When purchasing your first home, there are several things you may not know that could help save money. Consider these tips:
1. Have your real estate agent require the sellers to pay for the closing costs.
2. Have your agent also negotiate with the seller to pick up a home warranty for you. Doing this would cover items such as the air conditioner, furnace and dishwasher.
These first time home buyer tips, along with several other tips and tools, can be found in Darren Copeland’s Complete Home Loan Guide video series.